Veteran’s Aid & Attendance
Our team at Senior Care Associate’s help Senior’s figure out HOW to PAY for their CARE. Many Senior’s have run out of money either by out living their monies or have lost monies in the down ward economy or simply do not have the monies for their care.
What do you qualify for? We will help answer these questions with a quick 5-10 minute intake on the phone at no cost to you. Why wait to have these important questions answered? There may be monies available for your care, you need to ask and find out how and what is available.
- Situation #1
I am a Veteran and fairly healthy and am caring for my wife who has Alzheimer’s. I am finding it more and more difficult to care for her. Will the Aid and Attendance pension help us financially with her care?
- Situation #2
I am living with my parents who both are struggling with health issues. I do their cooking and cleaning, transportation to their appointments, manage their bills etc. Dad was a Veteran of WWII. We are all struggling financially just to make ends meet. Will the Aid and Attendance pension help pay for their costs while living at home?
- Situation #3
I am moving mom into assisted living. She barely has enough to cover these costs. Dad was a Veteran and has since passed. Can mom qualify for Aid and Attendance?
- Situation #4
My first husband was a Veteran and has passed away. I remarried and he too has passed. Can I qualify for Aid and attendance?
- Situation #5
I divorced my husband who was a Veteran of the Korean Conflict. Am I eligible for the Aid and Attendance pension?
- Situation # 6
I am currently receiving the Aid and Attendance pension living in assisted living. I am going to move in with my son and his family. Can I still receive the pension with my care changing?
- Situation #7
I want to apply for the Aid and Attendance pension. I own a home and have some cash assets. Can I still apply and be approved?
To determine eligibility for Aid and Attendance pension we look at these areas first:
- Did the Veteran serve 90 days active duty, one day during a period of war state side or overseas and honorably discharged?
- Do you have expenses for care? Expenses such as a Medicare supplement, a caregiver or family members assisting with care, assisted living expense etc.
- Income such as Social Security, Retirement, Pension, Rental Income etc.
- Cash Assets- Checking and Savings, 401K, IRA’s, Investments etc.
- Health- if you are using a walker or a cane, oxygen, meal preparation bathing, transportation, assistance, etc. If you feel you meet some of these criteria, you may qualify.
This is a TAX FREE monthly pension directly deposited into your bank account.
- Veteran $1,936
- Surviving Spouse $1.244
- Veteran and Spouse $2,295
- Dependent Spouse $1,518
The pension is retroactive, meaning; you will receive monies back from the first day of the month after you apply. How long does it take to get the pension? 1-3 months. It will take longer to receive back pay when Alzheimer’s or severe Dementia is involved due to an additional step that is required by the VA.
These are the documents we will review first to determine eligibility for the Aid and Attendance pension:
- Military/separation papers (DD-214),
- Marriage certificate or license
- Death certificate for surviving spouses only
- Current Social Security statement letter
- Current bank statement all pages
- Any other asset documentation if any.
By reviewing these documents we will have a fairly good idea if we need to push forward with the process.
Many Seniors have lost much of their savings due to the downward economy and many are outliving their savings. The Aid and Attendance pension has helped many Veterans, spouses and surviving spouses increase their standard of living either by helping them afford care in their home, or the possibility of moving to or staying at a Retirement or Assisted Living and a Nursing Home.
Please call us to discuss the areas of criteria and to determine eligibility for the Aid and Attendance pension.
“A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.”
Senior Care Associates
9035 S. 1300 E. Suite #130
Sandy, Utah 84094