Senior Care Associates
Find out if you qualify for a tax free monthly pension
To determine eligibility for Aid and Attendance, we look at the following:
Veteran's Aid & Attendance
If you are living at home in need of care from your family, a home care agency, independent living, assisted living or private paying in a skilled nursing facility you may be eligible for up to $2,295 per month to cover those expenses.
What Do You Qualify For?
Our team at Senior Care Associate’s help Senior’s figure out HOW to PAY for their CARE. Many Senior’s have run out of money either by out living their monies or have lost monies in the down ward economy or simply do not have the monies for their care.
Are you a Veteran, spouse, or surviving spouse in need of care?
If you are living at home in need of care from your family, a home care agency, independent living, assisted living or private paying in a skilled nursing facility you may be eligible for up to $2,431 per month to cover those expenses.
This is a tax-free VA pension called Aid and Attendance which was put into place in 1952. It is directly deposited into your bank account such as social security. This additional money can be used to cover your care expenditures as you are aging. This is NOT a welfare program like Medicaid. You can own a home and have significant money in your assets to still qualify.
Areas of Eligibility:
- 90 days active duty, one day of service during war time and not dishonorably discharged.
- Care being provided from family, home care, independent living, assisted living and private pay in a nursing home.
- Care includes dressing assistance, bathing, medication reminders, walking assistance, transfers, toileting, and meal preparation. Custodial Care due to frailness or memory loss.
- Income would include social security, pension, retirement, rental income etc.
- Assets in your checking, savings, cd’s, stocks/bonds, mutual funds, IRA’s, and 401k’s.
- Your home is not included as an asset unless it is sold.
How long does it take to get approved? It is taking 1-3 months to get approved.
The VA has a 3 year look back into any asset transfers such as moving money into a trust, annuity, or gifting money to family.
Please call Dennis Autrey to see if you may be eligible.
Giving families financial options that help with the cost of long-term care.
Meet Carole and Dennis Autrey
Carole has been in the senior industry for many years. She is the President and owner of Senior Care Associates, LLC. For the past 17 years her main focus has been assisting our aging seniors with care and end of life planning. Always looking at what programs federally and state wide are available to assist with our senior’s care expenses.
Dennis Autrey has worked in the Senior Industry for the past 17 years. He is currently the Sales and Marketing Director for Senior Care Associates LLC.
Senior Care Associates
9035 S. 1300 E. Suite #130
Sandy, Utah 84094